Some very early photographs:

Keeping poultry, 1918

The original dining room

Working outside at the Broadway Buildings

St Chris then occupied the buildings which are now St Francis College.

Parents' Day, 1916

Monte rest time

(The Monte was originally at Arunwood, then called the Old House)

End of term - going home.

School visit to the House of Commons

Outdoor pursuits


Swimming at the Cloisters pool

Cloisters pool

Mrs Lawrence, who owned the Cloisters, gave pupils a fountain pen as a prize for being able to swim a given distance.

Boys doing useful work.

Notice the sheath knife, which these days would be outlawed as an offensive weapon.

Times have changed: in former days most boys carried at least a penknife as standard equipment.

Domestic science class

The Library

© The St Christopher Club, 2014.